Monday, November 7, 2011

Tomorrow...

...is election day. An very important day in our country. We are so blessed to have a say in how our government works and who works for us. I know it's not a perfect system, but I'm proud to live in a country with the freedom to say what I want, worship the way I want, and vote for the people/things I want.

...is R's 3 month birthday! I can NOT believe 3 months has already gone by! I fall more and more in love with that sweet baby face each and every passing second. I'm not sure I'll ever be ready to give him away to a woman someday. Now I know how my mother-in-law must feel about my husband and I actually feel somewhat bad for taking her baby away.

...marks 9 years with the hubs! Not 9 years of marriage, mind you, but 9 years as a "couple." We have been through so much together in our 9 years: prom, high school graduation, college--at 2 separate universities, college graduation, our beautiful wedding day, my first "big girl" job, saying goodbye to some beloved family members at funerals, joining the Navy, moving 10+ hours from our family and friends, and the birth of our precious son--just to name a few. Not to mention the more mundane things like sicknesses, bills and other financial planning items, etc. etc. etc.

The thing about dealing with the good, the bad, and ugly (you haven't seen me when I just wake up...ha!) is that I love him more now than I did a year ago, and I loved him more then than I did the year before.

I know that love at first sight is a romantic idea, but I feel that my husband and I (along with other happily married couples like my parents and his parents) are prime examples that love only multiplies over time.

I know my life has been bettered by his presence and I'm thankful for the 9 years we've had together and I look forward to 90 more.

I love you dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment