Wednesday, November 2, 2011

These are the people...

In April, we will be moving.

Where? We don't know yet.

That's the military for you. We expect it and we're okay with it.

Moving will be such a bittersweet experience though.

In some ways I'm excited to see a new part of the country (or world) and in other ways, a lot of other ways, I'm so sad to leave the amazing people we've met here.

We truly have made a "family" here with the people we've met.

These are the people I told I was pregnant, right after telling our immediate families. I knew they'd be with me every step of the way, day in and day out, through all the joys and pains of pregnancy and birth.

These are the people who cooked us dinner for a week after R's birth and after all our family went home.

These are the people I call to hang out with when I'm having a bad day and just need company.

These are the people I will be celebrating the Holidays with this year because my husband's schedule will not allow us to get home to our actual families.

These are the people that can honestly relate to each and every step of our military experience so far...the struggles, the trials, the triumphs, the late nights, the long hours, the early mornings, the impending deployments, the joy in the precious family time we do get with our respective spouses and kids.

These are the people we will never forget.

My only hope is that we have made the same lasting impression on them too.

So I raise my figurative glass to enjoying the next 6 months with our Navy "family" and looking ahead to new places and new faces while always remembering and keeping in touch with the irreplaceable friends we've made here.

Thank you all for changing our lives for the better. We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment