Friday, November 4, 2011

No "sick" days

Today started out like any normal Friday. R and I got up and headed to "Stroller Rollers." A workout class for mom and baby offered on base and taught by one of my dearest friends.

What wasn't normal about today was what happened after we returned home. R went down for a nap and I started to tidy up around the house.

Then it hit me...

Waves of horrible nausea. The kind that makes you feel gross all over and make you want to crawl into bed and never come back out.

I decided to use the time I had while R was napping to sneak in a nap too.

It lasted 20 minutes.

R and I then spent the next 2.5 hours before his next nap laying in my bed. I did my best to read to him and play with him while not jostling my tummy too much.

Finally R was back down for a nap and I slept for 1.5 hours he did. It helped. I was not, however, cured yet.

The second half of the day went about the same as the first half. I'd sleep anytime R did, even for 10 minutes, and we'd play and read any time he was awake.
FYI: My stomach does seem to be recovering now. I think it may have been a 24 hour bug.

Thinking back on my day, I realized something. When I was a teacher and I was sick, I'd spend the whole day sleeping and vegging in front of the tv.

Today I did a small amount of sleeping and no vegging.

Mind you, I'm not complaining, because I still think stay-at-home mom is the best job in the entire world.

I am, however, politely pointing this out to anyone who thinks that being a stay-at-home mom is an "easy" or "lazy" job.

There are no "sick" days in motherhood; you still have to be available 24-7 for the boss.

The cutest and greatest boss ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment