Sunday, October 30, 2011

Motherhood...

I love being R's mommy. It is the best job in the entire world. It pays in smiles and snuggles, but to me that's worth a million times more than Bill Gates makes in a year. R is my world and I would never trade a second that I spend with him.

However...motherhood is also one of the most exhausting things I've ever done. The last two days our sweet baby has had 1-2 screaming fits out of nowhere. It's frustrating and scary to have our baby screaming literally till he's red in the face. Of course he can't tell us what's bothering him so we spent 10 minutes tossing ideas back and forth, while comforting R, till we finally settled on an air bubble.

That's right...

An air bubble.

Within those 10 minutes he had burped 3 times and passed gas a handful of times and then suddenly all was well with the world again.

It's crazy how a small thing can cause such a major meltdown. Now I'm not complaining, mind you, because I, myself, have experienced the same issue and it's not pleasant. But Lordy be...the panic an air bubble can cause in both baby and mommy. By the time R's second meltdown was over today both he and I were ready for a good night's sleep.

I guess we'll chalk this one up as another lesson of parenthood thus far: the rogue air bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment