Thursday, October 27, 2011

Surprises everyday!

One of the things that I love most about being a mother is all of the new developments I get to witness each day.

Around 6 weeks, we noticed that R was starting to smile, intentionally, at us. Talk about the warm and fuzzy feelings!

Around 9-10 weeks, and especially now in week 11, he's starting to "talk" more and more to us. He'll even hold a conversation of sorts with us. It's so neat to watch him come into his own personality.

We've seen him roll over (albeit on accident, we think, since he hasn't done it since), roll to his side, lift his head 45 degrees during tummy time, and so much more.

But the things that really get me are the stunts that catch me totally off guard.

Take today for example, I put R in his swaddler for his nap. The boy loves to be swaddled. Now if you haven't seen a Summer swaddler, it's basically like a blanket with strategically placed velcro to ensure a snug swaddle. Two hours later, when I hear he's awake, I walk in to get him. What I don't expect is to find that he has escaped his swaddler. Both arms are out of the swaddler and it looks as though he's gotten it unvelcroed as well. He's 2.5 months old. How has he accomplished this?!?

It looks like we won't be in the swaddler much longer. My baby is growing up so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment