Monday, January 16, 2012

Falling off the end of the earth...

...is something I need to stop doing with this blog. HA.

Really though, the holidays were a crazy time this year, but I'm back now and plan (and hope) to be much better at more regularly posting.

Now to what's been on my mind for a few days now...

Some of our dearest friends are moving in a month (or less), some of other closest friends will be moving in April when we do, and some of other dear friends are staying here and I'm. Not. Ready. For. Any. Of. It.

I'm terrible with goodbyes. Generally I either act like nothing is changing (case and point, leaving my students in Ohio) or I cry like a hormonal teenager.

So what's a girl to do?

Pray that we end up heading to the same base (or close bases), make plans for visits, keep up with each other on facebook (and blogs), and make a blog post so that when I'm all "see ya later" they know that I truly do care and am crying on the inside.

Okay, bawling.

Oh military life, you are a cruel mistress.

I know this is what we signed up for, but who knew the people we met would become such a part of our life and our family.

We've been blessed to know you all and hope to always stay in touch.

...you can't get rid of us that easily. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment